Home Sweet Home.
Here, you’ll find the latest articles about game tips, tech tips related to video games, video game history, game theory, and other gaming stuff.
- How To Pick Up a Spawner in Minecraft
- Minecraft Armor Stand Generator [tutorial]
- Minecraft American Flag Banner Recipe [illustrated guide]
- How to Get an Armorer in Minecraft [Illustrated Guide]
- How To Make Light Gray Concrete in Minecraft
- How To Make Red Glass in Minecraft [Illustrated Guide]
- How To Show FPS in Minecraft [Illustrated Guide]
- How To Heal Horses in Minecraft [Illustrated Guide]
- How To Put Letters On Banners in Minecraft [Illustrated Guide]
- What Does a Stonecutter Do in Minecraft? [Illustrated Guide]
- Sound Analysis of SSX (2012). Remixing Sound While Snowboarding.
- Sound & Horror in Video Games: The Perfect Synergy.
- Theoretical Framework 5: Video Game Sound as Fiction and Interface
- Theoretical Framework 4: Video Game Sound and Diegesis
- Theoretical Framework 3: The Sonic Game Space.
- Theoretical Framework 2. Video Games As Fiction, Rules & Media
- Theoretical Framework Part 1: Narratology & Ludology
- Video Game Audio 108. Rise of 16-bit machines in the 1990s
- Video Game Audio 107. Home Computers of the 1980s
- Video Game Audio 106. The Rise of 8-Bit Nintendo NES.
Hello, fellow gamers!
My mission with GameDaft is to bring you no-nonsense and well-researched information about video games that is fun and easy to read so you don’t have to dig in various forums to find the answer.
My name is Jan, and I’ve been playing video games since the early 1980s when I bought a Commodore 64 with a tape recorder. Later, I got an Amiga 500 before moving on to PC, consoles, and smartphones.
My taste in games varies, so one day, I play a turn-based strategy game like Civilization, and the next, an RST, FPS, MMORPG, or maybe a sandbox survival game. I also enjoy a good chess or tower defense game on my phone.
My interest in video games and music eventually landed me a job as a lecturer at the University of Copenhagen, where I taught interactive video game audio and music.
I’ve also written content for magazines about everything from the chip music scene to the video game business.
I hope you enjoy reading the content on this site as much as I enjoy creating it. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to reach out.
All Recent Posts:
In a series of articles, I’ll explore the history of video game audio, its functions as both video game fiction and game interface, and what tools we can use to understand this better.This is part one of those articles. These articles are inspired by a thesis I wrote since I’ve had a lifelong fascination with…
The horror genre has many great games, and Steam is one of the best platforms to find games on. While it is home to hundreds of single-player horror games, sometimes you just want to play a free multiplayer game that has the chance to frighten you and your friends on game night. So, when looking…
While Roblox is well known for its large child base of gamers, that doesn’t mean that older teens and adults don’t enjoy playing there. One of the most popular genres on the platform amongst the older group of Roblox players is the horror genre, and Roblox surprisingly has some great ones. You wouldn’t think Roblox,…
Playing horror games alone can be fun, but playing them with friends is even better. While most horror games are best enjoyed on a PC versus a console, there are still plenty of good horror games that you can play on the Xbox through the Xbox Game Pass or by simply purchasing the game from…
The horror genre has long been a staple in the gaming industry. From the fear these games inspire to the lets plays on Youtube to the feeling of existential dread, horror holds a special place in the hearts of many gamers. But what about when you want to share that fear with your friends? What…
Featured Image Credit: EA Sports. SSX: Deadly Descents (2012) is a PS3 and Xbox 360 snowboarding game developed by EA Canada and published by EA Sports. In the game, you follow ‘Team SXX,’ consisting of nine fictional characters, all with different skills in snowboarding as an extreme sport. The team is on a world tour…
In the theoretical framework, I covered various concepts beneficial for understanding and analyzing sound’s function in video games from a ludological and narratological point of view. The theoretical framework is by no means exhaustive. It depends on what you want to analyze. Fx, I don’t include musical notation, which is necessary in many cases for…